Fresh Take on Chic French Country Interiors by Rose Ann Humphrey
French country style designs let you combine Old World elegance with a light and airy ambiance. There are several ways to achieve this type of look throughout your home and make it feel like a European-style rural retreat.
French country interiors feature a variety of elements, but they generally focus on lighter colors and softer textures. Consider using the following ideas to create this kind of look in your home:
- Provincial patterns: These fresh country patterns characterize the French country style. They typically have delicate patterns and are often featured on curtains made of light fabrics with lacy trims. You can also include provincial patterns in rooms on upholstery for an even lighter look.
- Toile: Toile is commonly used for French country designs, especially in bedroom sets. It adds elegance and a classic touch that works well with antique features.
- Country blue: This soft shade of blue adds cheerfulness and warmth to rooms without being too bold. Consider using it on kitchen cabinets or in your master bedroom and pairing it with light woodwork and white accents to get that French country look.
- Rustic touches: Wood beams and stone tiles add rustic elegance to homes without being too heavy. They create more of a chateau look to homes with a French country design.
- Vintage decor: Adding French period-style furniture and accents is the perfect way to spruce up French country interiors.
At Home Life, we can help you combine a chic look with more traditional French Country features.
Ready to start on your French Country interior design project? Call Home Life, and visit us on Facebook.